This is a very-very simple side dish that I learned to prepare from my mum. The original recipe uses eggplant/brinjal but because my husband does not like brinjal, today i use small pieces of chicken instead. The brinjal and potato will always make meals taste better. At least it does for me.
The Ingredients :
- The long Purple Brinjal ~ sliced and mix with turmeric powder and salt
- Potato ~ sliced and mix with turmeric powder and salt
- Onions ~ sliced
- Carrot (or any other vege you'd like to use)
- Cooking oil
- Chili paste
- 1~2 table spoon of ketchup
- Soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil. Fry the brinjal until it turns golden. Set aside.
- Fry the potato until it's cook nicely. Set aside.
- Add in onion, fry till fragrant. Add in the chili paste and let it cook.
- Pour in ketchup, soy sauce and add salt to taste.
- Lastly add in the fried brinjal, potato and carrot; and mix everything in the pan together until it blends.
Your side dish is now ready to be served!