Ayam Masak Pedas (Pudina)
*A thumb-size ginger
*Half a clove of garlic
(*ingredients blend together)
A few spoonful of tomato soup/puree (I use either Heinz or Kimball)
Chili paste (I use cili kering)
Mint leaves (Daun Pudina)
Green or red chilies sliced into chunks
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Deep fry the chicken til almost cook. Put aside.
2. Saute the sliced onion till brown and fragrant. Pour in blended ingredients and chili paste and cook till 'naik minyak'.
3. Add tomato soup/puree and stir well.
4. Add in sliced tomato and chilies.
5. Add salt and sugar to taste. Throw in the chicken and mint leaves, let it simmer on slow fire.
(Add water if you want more gravy)
6. Lastly when it's cooked, throw in the green chilies, so you could eat it fresh and crunchy!
* Note : The key to this dish is the mint leaves, it will give a delicious aroma and taste to it. Oh, mesti pandai balance the sugar and salt to get the right taste too of course.
**Note 2 : My mom usually add in green peas (in can) together with air dia sikit, but because there wasn't any green peas in our